Forget about Swiss Miss! With these four ingredients, you can have a mug of homemade hot chocolate in two minutes:
- 8 ounces of milk
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Pour the milk in a microwave-safe mug.
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla extract, and blend well. I use an IKEA Produkt milk frother.
- Heat in the microwave. (My microwave is 1100 watts; I heated my mug for 30 seconds, stirred the hot chocolate, and then heated again for another 45 seconds.)