Travel back to the mid-1970s with Ronco’s collection Star Trackin’ ’76.
The adjacent apostrophes in the title are as awkward as the astronaut’s suit in the cover art. That front flap doesn’t look NASA approved.
- Theme from S.W.A.T. (Rhythm Heritage)
- You Sexy Thing (Hot Chocolate)
- Dancing Machine (Jackson 5)
- Sideshow (Blue Magic)
- Midnight Rider (Greg Allman)
- Keep Holdin’ On (Temptations)
- Could It Be Magic (Barry Manilow)
- Keep on Smiling (Wet Willie)
- Love Won’t Let Me Wait (Major Harris)
- Just Too Many People (Melissa Manchester)
I was lucky to attend Moogfest in Asheville, NC, last week, where I saw performances by the Pet Shop Boys, Giorgio Moroder, Kraftwerk, and Nile Rodgers with Chic.
Nile Rodgers and Chic at Moogfest on April 26, 2014.
The following video features excerpts from four songs Chic performed:
- “Everybody Dance”
- “Dance, Dance, Dance”
- “Le Freak”
- “Good Times”
There’s a lot of musicianship on display here. In the hands of Nile Rodgers and Chic, disco most certainly does not suck. Enjoy!
P.S. The clips are short because I wanted to enjoy the show—and not worry about holding my phone up the whole time.
Liza Minnelli in Goldie and Liza Together (1980):
Auditions for the part of Princess Leia in Star Wars: