On July 31, 2014, I traded in my 2007 Honda Fit Sport for a 2015 Honda Fit EX (both with automatic transmission). I love the overhauled interior and exterior, but I am even more concerned about getting good gas mileage.
To see how the new car performs, I’m going to track the MPG in a spreadsheet, which you can view at the end of this post.
A few notes about the tracking:
- Honda has posted 35 MPG as the average fuel economy for this car: 32 city, 38 highway.
- I will use the MPG reported by the car’s odometer. When I’m motivated, I will verify the calculations with my own.
- I have the Eco Assist feature turned on.
- My around-town driving includes highway miles—my 15-mile commute to work is mostly interstate driving.
- If I get tired of tracking the mileage, I’ll stop doing it.
August 16, 2014, update. I added an Average MPG column; the spreadsheet calculates the overall average based on the numbers I enter.